Re: Debian ports Sid release file not valid yet?!

Please keep the mailing list in CC otherwise public discussion is not possible.

On 5/6/19 3:24 PM, Alex McKeever wrote:
> I’m unable to run more recent builds (4-20-19 fails to install bootloader,
> 4-24-2019 fails to find the archive keyring udeb (it is not on the CD image,
> and refuses to load it from USB).

Okay, I'm going to remove 2019-04-24 because people seem to ignore the
note 00-IMAGES_BROKEN at the top. The images from 2019-04-24 are known
to be broken and should therefore not be used. They were never announced
and just uploaded for testing purposes. I am going to delete them now.

Just don't use any of the snapshot images (the ones with a date) but the
one listed the 10.0 directory:

> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/10.0/powerpc/iso-cd/

> I’ve had luck with the build in the /10.0 directory of the ports archive and
> using the 3.13 kernel as stated before extracted from an old install of Ubuntu
> 14.04, although the 3 series kernel only works with radeonfb as radeon is broken
> (bad colors). The 4 series kernel doesn’t work at all (even using radeonfb) with
> the computer outputting nothing after initial boot after everything is installed.

You should probably boot the machine with "nomodeset" on the command line. Also,
it would be help if we knew the exact model number so we know what kind of graphics
hardware is used.

> My /etc/apt/sources.list looks like this
>
> deb http://ports.debian.org/debian-ports sid main unstable experimental

This is not how a valid sources list looks like, the syntax is wrong and
therefore cannot work.

A proper sources.list looks like this:

# binary default
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unstable main
deb http://incoming.ports.debian.org/buildd/ unstable main
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main

# source
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
deb-src http://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd/ buildd-unstable main

> The problem is it’s taking hours to verify!

No, the problem is your sources.list is broken :).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz