Re: Debian Installer GRUB test image available

>> On May 5, 2019, at 2:16 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@ilande.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Presumably for the test ISO image you were manually copying
>> /System/Library/CoreServices/* into the image yourself? Hopefully with the above
>> changes then you should no longer have to do this.
>
> No, I used pathspecs and I created the image the exact way that grub-mkrescue does.
>
> I think the bootinfo.txt is for IBM CHRP machines while the BootX is for Macs.

Ah no, that's not correct - BootX is an enhanced bootloader written by Apple to
enable multi-booting with MacOS X and grub-mkrescue is assuming that it is being
installed on a HD containing MacOS X with BootX in the default location. Whilst this
makes sense assuming that you are trying to fix booting a MacOS X partition in a
multi-boot setup, this certainly isn't the case for an installer CD. And certainly
this confuses things because in real life BootX is a COFF executable and not a
bootinfo file.

In my travels with qemu-system-ppc, most CDs I've seen use the CHRP convention of
\ppc\bootinfo.txt and then bless the \ppc folder so then no matter whether you are
using a Mac or other CHRP-compliant machine, everything boots the same way.

ATB,

Mark.