Re: Debian Installer GRUB test image available

> Hello!
>
> I just created the first test image for debian-installer which boots
> with GRUB instead of Yaboot. The image is available from the usual
> location for GRUB tests:
>
>> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/grub-test/
>
> Feel free to test and report back. It boots fine on my iBook G4.

Hi Adrian,

I've just downloaded and had a look at this image, and I can confirm that it boots
for me under qemu-system-ppc. However it looks like there is still some confusion as
to the image layout for bootinfo.

In the last thread you listed the options as:

    xorriso_push ("-hfsplus-file-creator-type");
    xorriso_push ("chrp");
    xorriso_push ("tbxi");
    xorriso_push ("/System/Library/CoreServices/BootX");
    xorriso_push ("-hfs-bless-by");
    xorriso_push ("p");
    xorriso_push ("/System/Library/CoreServices");

If I look at /System/Library/CoreServices/BootX then it's actually a bootinfo XML
file. According to the CHRP specification the default location for a bootinfo file is
\ppc\bootinfo.txt and in fact there is already a bootinfo.txt file present in your
test ISO image.

It seems to me that the suggested paths above are based upon BootX and so to bring
your image in line with other bootinfo images and the CHRP specification I suggest
that you keep everything in the \ppc directory and rename BootX to bootinfo.txt e.g.

    xorriso_push ("-hfsplus-file-creator-type");
    xorriso_push ("chrp");
    xorriso_push ("tbxi");
    xorriso_push ("/ppc/bootinfo.txt");
    xorriso_push ("-hfs-bless-by");
    xorriso_push ("p");
    xorriso_push ("/ppc");

Presumably for the test ISO image you were manually copying
/System/Library/CoreServices/* into the image yourself? Hopefully with the above
changes then you should no longer have to do this.

ATB,

Mark.