Re: Debian Installer GRUB test image available

On 5/4/19 11:08 PM, Carlos wrote:
> So, I tried to install, but failed:
>
> A few errors occurred while installation:
> - couldn't load firmware b43, I think because that isn't on the image?

Yes, the images currently don't contain any firmware. I will work on the
firmware issues once I have committed all bootloader changes.

Debian Ports images have been built without firmware so far unlike the
release architectures which have non-free images with firmware. I haven't
looked into the details of building images with firmware yet.

> - The archive security.debian.org could not be accessed

There is no security.debian.org. If it still suggests that then Samuel
Thibault's merge request to fix the mirror master list which moves
"powerpc" to Ports has not been merged yet.

> - GRUB bootloader couldn't be installed

That should not happen and you should provide the log file if you want us
to have a look at the problem.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz