Re: debian-10.0-powerpc-NETINST-1.iso from 18 May 2018

On 4/5/19 10:03 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:

>> Yes, not using an old image is a good idea. But again, I think most of
>> these issues have been discussed here already.
>>

> Everything has been discussed before over and over and over and that is
> because there really isn't any valid docs online anywhere.  There is a
> lot of great general information but nothing specific that actually just
> works. At least not for ppc64. So the dance continues.

Well, for documentation to exist, someone would have to write it. But
I don't know what that would change. You basically claim that things
are broken of which I know they work fine and I just verified them
to work fine.

> Speaking of which ... I did find the menu option to configure the pkg
> manager and that asks about a mirror AND it allows a manual string to be
> plunked in there.  See https://i.imgur.com/L7DcC85.png
>
> So now I will test variations on what it says there and maybe I can pick
> a mirror somewhere that works. However if "buster" is hard coded into
> the pkg fetch process then I am just pounding sand here.
"buster" isn't hard-coded in there. I just verified that.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz