Re: Installation of Debian on an iMac PowerPC

On 2/17/19 10:45 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> However having said that I have had great results from installing Debian
> testing/buster into a PowerMac G5 with no major issues.  Sure the boot
> loader is a tad crusty but the machine works well enough.

Frank Scheiner has already written patches to add GRUB support for Macs,
those just need to be cleaned up, tested and merged.

First, the issue with ofpath inside powerpc-utils needs to be fixed [1]
which might just be a matter of updating the powerpc-utils package
in Debian. The version currently in Debian is a tad old.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz