Re: Installation of Debian on an iMac PowerPC

On 2/17/19 2:46 PM, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Does that mean that yaboot will not be available as a bootloader in
> some future powerpc Debian? And not being maintained anymore from then
> on?

Yaboot is already unmaintained, the upstream git repository hasn't seen
a commit since 2011. There are multiple issue with Yaboot including the
fact that it needs an ancient version of e2fslibs to build which is no
longer in Debian. Yaboot also doesn't cope with modern ext4 features.

Thus we're working on switching over to GRUB. I'm continuing this work
after I have moved apartments.

GRUB already works when you install Debian's powerpc or ppc64 port on
IBM POWER hardware based on the CHRP platform.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz