Re: List of powerpc / pmac specific package for debian-ports

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 08:40:10AM +1300, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Improvements to the pmac-utils package are best fed back to Adam, I suppose.

Ahh, and now that I've caught up on the thread, I have more context.  It
would have been removed from testing due to the FTBFS bug we didn't fix,
and then removed from unstable when powerpc was dropped.

I see that the FTBFS was fixed in ports now (yay), and I would suggest
that if Michael and I have no interest in being upstream for this for the
rest of our lives, handing it off to a debian-powerpc group would be a
solid plan.

I don't personally have any hardware this works on, my drive-by interest
was to resolve the conflicts with powerpc-utils (from IBM), which I do
actually maintain.  I'd be happy to see my name stripped from pmac-utils
uploaders and have it go to a team that will actually care for it.

... Adam