Re: changing the source.list and updating, X not starting

Hi Mitch!

On 10/1/18 12:10 PM, Mitch MRC wrote:
> i changed my source list from apt from the old to the new URL.
> A lot of updates/upgrades happened.
> But after this, when trying to login in X, the login page comes back.
> Using root account i can log in.

Is your system running systemd now, i.e. does "systemctl" output something
other than an error message?

If yes, please provide the output of "systemctl --failed".

Then, you should check what's in the ".xsession-errors" in your users
home directory. This should give you an indicator of what went wrong.

Most likely it's a problem with your X installation or authentication.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz