Re: Unable to boot debian ports debian-9.0-powerpc-NETINST-1.iso image in QEMU

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 11:06 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On 02/13/2018 11:03 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>>
>>> I can upload a version of Yaboot today with this patch reverted provided
>>> that Yaboot still builds fine on unstable without the hack you used.
>>

>> I call it a hack, but really this is the best long term solution there
>> is. Yaboot is filled with empty stub, that one had to add over and
>> over. Using a fixed version of e2fslib made the symptoms go away.
>> Please check with milan@d.o for the gory details, hopefully I am not
>> too far from the reality. I would not spent any time on yaboot anyway.
>

> If I need to hack e2fslib to get Yaboot to build, then I can not easily
> update the Yaboot package. e2fslib is a package in the archives, I can't
> just hijack the package and add some hacks to get a bootloader for a non-
> release architecture fixed.

The fixed version:

https://packages.debian.org/sid/e2fslibs1.41-dev

is in archive, and currently build just fine. You can consider as if
yaboot had its own convenient copy of e2fslibs.

Does that answer your question ? Or did I miss the point ?

-M