Re: New discussion: ppc64 installer -- ext2 /boot partition to keep sabot happy.

On Sep 26, 2017, at 2:53 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 09/26/2017 11:48 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
>> There is precedent for always having an ext2 /boot partition.  Any arm system
>> that uses u-boot needs the filesystem it reads from the be either ext2 or fat.
>> So the installer creates an ext2 /boot by default.
>
> But we're not talking about ARM and not about u-boot, so I'm not sure how this
> is relevant?

It’s relevant only in that other arches have a similar problem and the way they choose to deal with it is to have a separate ext2 /boot partition.  I’m just pointing out that it works for them, so why not take advantage of their experience?

Rick