New discussion: ppc64 installer -- ext2 /boot partition to keep sabot happy.

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 2:20 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>>> In this context, I just found this commit [2] which added the /boot partition. Note the
>>> additional "$defaultignore{}" designation which apparently means the partition is not
>>> created in all cases.
>> In light of the above, it seems that it should not be ignored by default.
>
> Well, this is something that we should discuss and we should probably
> open a new discussion for that. We are now facing the situation that
> Yaboot is not able to work with modern filesystems and we have multiple
> possible ways to address this issue.

There is precedent for always having an ext2 /boot partition.  Any arm system that uses u-boot needs the filesystem it reads from the be either ext2 or fat.  So the installer creates an ext2 /boot by default.

Until we get grub working, would it be possible to temporarily remove the  "$defaultignore{}”, just as a convenience to keep yaboot happy?

Rick