Re: Installer from Ports, ppc 32 bit : "No kernel modules found"[was: Re: problem with page /ports/powerpc/]

On 12/06/2017 03:39 PM, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
Awesome, the window manager, crashes the system at times. Such
crashes are what I'm used to with this machine even with an older
previous Debian install - Debian 8, IIRC, and a different X,
without awesome. But that crash might be a hardware issue: quite some
time ago the inverter for this machine was replaced by a new one.

Chances that it's a hardware issue become dimmer: I ran the Apple
hardware test CD on that machine: no problems were found, says the
test program. And I ran the extensive test ....

X ran fine last time I tested on my iBook G4 in any case. I tested
around 2-3 months ago with Debian unstable.

You should start a netconsole and then capture the kernel panic from
a second machine, see [1].

Adrian

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Netconsole

--