Re: Installer from Ports, ppc 32 bit : "No kernel modules found"[was: Re: problem with page /ports/powerpc/]

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 19:51:47 +0100
Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:

> [  ... ]
> Awesome, the window manager, crashes the system at times. Such
> crashes are what I'm used to with this machine even with an older
> previous Debian install - Debian 8, IIRC, and a different X,
> without awesome. But that crash might be a hardware issue: quite some
> time ago the inverter for this machine was replaced by a new one.

Chances that it's a hardware issue become dimmer: I ran the Apple
hardware test CD on that machine: no problems were found, says the
test program. And I ran the extensive test ....

> [ ... ]
>
> PS: thanks, Adrian, for letting me know about awesome - looks cool,
> that beast, and it seems highly configurable. And I even forgive these
> guys their inclination towards vi .. :)

No, not true, it seems, this  "inclination towards vi" : I might have
been confusing this with the makers of another window manager ..

Sorry, awesome coders ... :)

Regards
Wolfgang