Re: debian-installer now available in Ports

> CPU     Bus     ROM                     Software ROM    World
> -------+-------+-----------------------+---------------+--------
> 68k     NuBus   Mac OS ROM (68k)        --              --
>
> PowerPC PCI     System ROM (PPC)        --              --
>                  Mac OS ROM (68k)*
>
> PowerPC PCI     Open Firmware 1.x       --              Old
>                  Mac OS ROM
>
> PowerPC PCI     Open Firmware 2.x       --              Old
>                  Mac OS ROM
>
> PowerPC PCI     Open Firmware 3.x       Mac OS ROM      New
>
> PowerPC PCI     Open Firmware 4.x       BootX (Mac OS X)New

Correction to the second line. The first PowerPC Macs had no PCI bus,
but NuBus (and PDS). I believe OF was introduced in Macs
simultaneously with the PCI bus, in 1995.

And I think that the PCI bus is the requirement for running Linux
natively on PowerPC Macs.

Risto