Re: debian-installer now available in Ports

Am 2017-04-14 um 17:58 schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
How is booting with a G4 processor? Last time I tried I had issues with the initialization of the CPU that did run at half speed!

I use and used Debian on a G4 7450 CPU and I cannot see anything unusual concerning the CPU or bus speed. Everything seems to be initialized correctly, even thou with this new unstable build and kernel 4.9 a function called check_features triggers a CPU trap. But the system doesn't seem to be affected negatively by this little error.

Previous kernels didn't have trigger this trap but I had my "play time" (or shall I say "pain time") concerning nouveau and video accelleration, which on the other hand now works with the new kernel.