Re: Firefox 51.0.1-1 on Debian Sid/experimental PowerPC (PPC32): Segmentation fault

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:44:57PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> As with all new languages it will take time, but eventually it will get
> there, with a big IF. The biggest(only?) problem with PowerPC in
> general right now is hardware availability not lack of interested
> developers. Developers will try anything new if it's decently priced
> (as ARM/MIPS have already proven). Show me a decent 64-bit PowerPC
> board at ~100-200EUR, Talos was a great idea, but about $17k more
> expensive than it should have been.

Well there does exist cheaper options, like the $4k T4240QDS-PB, which
is 12 core (24 threads) 1.8Ghz 64 bit powerpc.

The P5040RDB is $3k for a quad core 64 bit powerpc.

That's still not hobby level pricing though.  Better than the price of
the talos, but also not ppc64el compatible (as far as I know).

--
Len Sorensen