Re: Re: Moving an install between architectures

Thanks for the response, Andreas.

That's kind of what I was figuring. I've transferred home directories before along with /var/mail (due to my old dovecot config) and select files in the /etc directory. It's the standard way I've migrated this "server" from machine to machine as I've used it over the years (I was running it until a few months ago on a PowerEdge 2950, but that sucker is loud).

Thanks for the detailed reply! It was much appreciated.