nouveau on G5 – trouble anyone?

Hello!

Apparently the nouveau driver does not work on my Power Mac G5. It is a
PowerMac11,2 "Late 2005" model, nvidia GeForce 6600LE (128MB VRAM).

PowerPC-based Macs with nvidia cards:
http://mac.linux.be/content/nouveau-and-powerpc-apple-machines

I found this article:
http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.co.at/2015/07/g5-nouveau-2d-acceleration.html

"getconf PAGESIZE" shows:
# 65536

"cat /proc/interrupts" shows:
#            CPU0       CPU1
# 25:          0          1  MPIC-U3MSI   8 Edge      nouveau

How do you get nouveau working? Do you really use a 4k pagesize custom
kernel? And do you disable MSI for the nouveau driver?

To disable MSI for nouveau, the following kernel parameter has to be used:
nouveau.config=NvMSI=0
(Found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCKnownIssues)

I will now continue to install some other stuff on this HDD and then try
it on my other Power Mac G5, a PowerMac7,2 with an ATI Radeon 9600
graphics card. Let's see if this works better.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Linux User #330250