Re: Debian 8 network installation failed

Problem solved. The failure was because I entered into the Open Firmware prompt ("0 >") via the yaboot prompt ("boot: "). Because the existing yaboot was broken, when I pressed ENTER after the "boot: " prompt it failed to boot and entered into the Open Firmware prompt. If I enter the Open Firmware prompt by pressing ⌘-alt-o-f at the boot time then all works fine and I've successfully booted from network and finished the installation. I don't know the exact difference between these two scenarios.