Re: wanted: old G5 hardware for use on the ppc64 port

Serge Cohen wrote on 03/02/15 07:51:
Hello list,

I have a Mac XServe ppc970/G5 (dual proc., one of the last Apple machine to run on ppc hardware).
I was unable to install debian on it due to a lack of CD-ROM drive, and graphic board (it is a «compute node»), but since I have a few other machine of the same type that I might have to «recycle» within a couple of year I would be more than happy to donate it help with the ppc64 port (in particular head-less/CD-ROM less installation, as you might guess).

The main cost would be transport, if it is not too far/expensive (I'm in Paris region, France) I could check with my lab's director if we can take the cost of the shipment…

Cheers,

Serge.

Hi folks,

I also have an XServe that I'm happy to let anyone have as long as they
pay shipping. I'm based in London, UK. From memory, it's dual CPU with
a CD-ROM drive, but it has no RAM or hard drives. I also have a rack
mounting kit for it.

Regards,

Chris