Re: Work to be done on ppc64el before the release (or even before)

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 05:45:45PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On the packages side the status is quite good and a big part of the
> build failures are for leaf packages that might not fully necessary for
> the release (and some of them also will not be in Jessie as they have RC
> bugs). We should still try to fix them if possible. I have tried to
> identify packages that are important either because of the
> functionality they provide or because the number of packages which
> build-depends on them. Here is a first list:

> libkolabxml   FTBFS, seems to be a problem with boost::math::changesign

A quick note about this one. Andi Barth has started to debug that, and
I have continued a bit. The following code doesn't work correctly on
ppc64el, printing twice a positive value.

#include <boost/math/special_functions.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  const long double a = 12.34;
  std::cout << a << std::endl;

  const long double b = (boost::math::changesign)(a);
  std::cout << b << std::endl;
}

I probably won't have time to look at that before the week-end, so don't
hesitate to have a look if you have time.

Aurelien