Work to be done on ppc64el before the release (or even before)

Hi all,

The architecture qualification meeting last Sunday has decided that
arm64 and ppc64el will be "in principle" released with Jessie. This
means that they will be released providing enough progress is done
before the release (and ideally before the freeze).

On the hardware side things seems to progress well, though we will have
a problem to install Debian on it if we don't have grub ported.

On the packages side the status is quite good and a big part of the
build failures are for leaf packages that might not fully necessary for
the release (and some of them also will not be in Jessie as they have RC
bugs). We should still try to fix them if possible. I have tried to
identify packages that are important either because of the
functionality they provide or because the number of packages which
build-depends on them. Here is a first list:

atlas         FTBFS, we don't seem to have a patch for this one
bzr           #760054 - Not specific to ppc64el
gauche        FTBFS, we don't seem to have a patch for this one
gccxml        FTBFS, we don't seem to have a patch for this one
grub          Patches have been send upstream, one got some comments
klibc         #749060 - Maintainer said on IRC he will look at the it...
libkolabxml   FTBFS, seems to be a problem with boost::math::changesign
scalapack     #761317 - I guess we can NMU it in a few days
swi-prolog    #761222 - We should probably ping the maintainer

In the above list,it looks like atlas and grub are probably the most
worrying ones, I guess we can get the other fixed soon.

Aurelien