Re: Problems booting debian after upgrade to jessie and running ybin

On 03.12.2014 06:00, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:13:31 +0100
Michael Schaffner <lists@nopanik.org> wrote:
I don't have any clue what's going on and what further steps I could
take. After all, this device has booted all 3 OSes successfully for
ages.

Hi Michael,

I cannot help you with yaboot, as I have stopped using it for years, my
powerbook G4 runs grub2 since a couple of years without any problems,
my suggestion would be to just ditch yaboot and its problems and try
grub2 on your macmini G4 (I think it should run). You could easily
setup your other OSes there, just like on an x86.

Beware that AFAIK grub2 *cannot* boot Mac OS (or MorphOS, presumably) on PowerMacs. One can still boot into Mac OS using the OF boot menu, which one can get into by holding the alt/option key while OF initializes.