Problems booting debian after upgrade to jessie and running ybin

Hi,

I have a MacMini PPC(G4) triple-booting MacOSX, Debian and MorphOS.
output of mac-fdisk:
/dev/sda
        #        type name   length   base     ( size ) system
/dev/sda1 Apple.._map Apple       7 @ 1        (  3.5k) Par..map
/dev/sda2   Apple_HFS DH0    122880 @ 8        ( 60.0M) HFS
/dev/sda3 MorphOS_... DH1   9577516 @ 122888   (  4.6G) Unknown
/dev/sda4 Apple..trap lall    31307 @ 9700404  ( 15.3M) NewW.. bootblock
/dev/sda5 Apple..SVR2 root 19890625 @ 9731711  (  9.5G) Linux native
/dev/sda6   Apple_HFS DH2  48517808 @ 29622336 ( 23.1G) HFS
/dev/sda7  Apple_Free Extra      16 @ 78140144 (  8.0k) Free space

Block size=512, Number of Blocks=78140159
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

After upgrading from wheezy to jessie a few days ago, I had some
graphics-problems (no radeon-driver
in x, just fbdev), which according to #748398 might be solved by adding
append="video=radeonfb:off"
to yaboot.conf. This led to the first start of ybin after more than 5
years and at least 2 debian
releases :-)

Here is most of my yaboot.conf:

boot="/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST940110A_3KW54W29-part4"
device=/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@0
root="UUID=33a170a0-aed8-47a1-ba54-7286bea55580"
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
enablecdboot
enablenetboot
enableofboot
defaultos=linux
darwin=/dev/sda2
macosx=/dev/sda6

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        read-only
#       append="video=radeonfb:off"
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        initrd-size=8192
        partition=5

I had to change /dev/hda(2|6) to /dev/sda(2|6) to stop ybin from
complaining, after that ybin -v ran without any error-message.

Now I can't boot into linux from yaboot anymore, I get the following error:
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@0:5,/boot/vmlinux: unknown or corrupt filesystem
But yaboot starts up and I'm able to boot into MorphOS, MacOSX,
Openfirmware and from CD.

I have no separate /boot-partition (/ is ext2).

I tried the following:
- boot from jessie-install-cd, cancel, start shell, mount /dev/sda5,
bind-mount /dev,/sys, /proc and so on, chroot to this, then:
- ybin -v: works, but no difference
- mkofboot: works, but no difference
- yabootconfig and comparing the relevant parts of the generated file to
mine
- try without the append-line -> no difference
- try the absolute path to kernel and initrd instead of links -> no
difference

I even tried putting the files to the HFS-partition and made a label to
load them from /dev/sda6 - this gives the error message: not a valid ELF
image.

I don't have any clue what's going on and what further steps I could
take. After all, this device has booted all 3 OSes successfully for ages.

Thanks a lot for reading till the end and bye..
Michael