No sound on iBook G4

Hi,

sound was working on my 12" iBook G4 with an old Ubuntu version, but it
doesn't work now that I cleanly installed wheezy, wiping out everything.
Apparently the system has only a "dummy" sound device. Sound modules
appear to be loaded (including snd_powermac). If I try "alsamixer", I
get "cannot open mixer: No such file or directory". I can't find any
sound-related information in dmesg or syslog.

The kernel is "3.2.0-4-powerpc #1 Debian 3.2.35-2 ppc GNU/Linux".

Could you help me debug it?

Thanks!