Re: New architecture ppc64el on Debian

Hi Hiroyuki,

On 09/22/2013 01:05 AM, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:
>> I have been working internally at IBM on a Debian rootfs that runs on this
>> architecture. As a plan, I am looking, in general, to have this architecture
>> included on sid, first, and then being moving towards stable.
>
> I think it good that you carry out public porting at debian-ports.org as unofficial port at first.
> Maybe, the results at debian-ports.org will be evaluated whether ppc64el should add to official ports.
> Then, if ppc64el will be chosen as released port, ppc64el may go into stable.
Right, makes sense. Is there any documentation about adding a new architecture
into debian-ports.org? Looking into the web, I found some reference but they are
into debian.org/ports, which seems to be something different, as I can see ppc64
in debian-ports.org, but no reference in debian.org/ports.

I am wondering who generates the binaries that are hosted in debian-ports.org.

>> Unfortunately the process is still in the beginning and we will not have a machine
>> for public access in the near term, although, this is one of our targets, as
>> having two other buildd machines in different locations to support autobuilder.
>>
>> Should I take any concern before start submitting patches to enable this architecture?
>
> I think that dpkg package must be made to correspond to new port, ppc64el.
Right. I think that Jeff send the patch for it:

Thanks