Re: debian on iBook G4

I too have found this bug, and it slays me that I cannot find a way to accurately phrase the problem, or guess what exactly is
the software responsible for the bug.

I'm certain that it's not that the virtual console needs a window manager running to be readable, because during bootup there is
a significant time after initial console font switching and before the window manager stops where the text is readable.

Peter Rooney

[ snip ]