Re: powerpcspe in Debian

Hi,

On 19/11/12 21:58, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
>> At http://antcom.de/powerpcspe/patches/ there are my patches for
>> gcc-4.6, gcc-4.7 and gcc-defaults.
>
> Please remove *-multilib support from your patches, it should build without
> it.

Already done, as you can see in the patches in the powerpcspe specific
bugs and discussed with Matthias.

>> gcc-4.7 only builds if I adjust the build environment further, see
>> gcc-4.7.sh and http://bugs.debian.org/637232 etc.
>
> gcc-4.7.sh should go. You should build a compiler with multiarch support,
> recompile libc and friends in order to place the libraries there. That was
> imho the point where I took a break :) So that could end up in work…

Yes, that should work now also. Stuff is rebuilding currently anyway.
About 4000 binary packages in my repo currently. Will get back to you
when questions occur.

>> The growing powerpcspe repo is still available at my server, augmenting
>> debian-ports:
>>
>> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports/ sid main
>> deb http://www.antcom.de/powerpcspe/ unstable main
>>
>> One question about the boost library: In debian-ports, there is already
>> version 1.49.1.1, but in common unstable there is only 1.49.0.1. Is
>> there an important reason for this? Otherwise, I would just stay with
>> the version 1.49.0.1 built from unstable.
>
> Could you be more specific here please? I see 1.49.0-3.1 at
>  http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/boost1.49.html
>  http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=boost1.49
> which looks fine. The boost-defaults package is 1.49.0.1. I don't see 1.49.1.1
> anywhere.

Well, boost1.49 is actually not there, but boost-defaults 1.49.1.1 :

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-powerpcspe/main/b/boost-defaults/

while only 1.49.0.1 is in unstable/experimental source. That's what I
meant. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Roland