Re: powerpcspe in Debian

Hi,

I now have current gcc, eglibc, perl and python building and used on
powerpcspe.

Some Detail issues:

At http://antcom.de/powerpcspe/patches/ there are my patches for
gcc-4.6, gcc-4.7 and gcc-defaults.

gcc-4.7 only builds if I adjust the build environment further, see
gcc-4.7.sh and http://bugs.debian.org/637232 etc.

I'd like to hear some comments about those patches before I file them
agaist gcc-* packages.

I'm especially wondering about our multiarch approach. Typically,
multiarch archs have >=2 archs (e.g. powerpc and powerpc64). However,
powerpcspe doesn't seem to have a sibling arch, therefore being "single"
multiarch, basically doing most stuff like the powerpc port for
simplicity. Is there anything that I should keep in mind here or that
I'm missing here?

The growing powerpcspe repo is still available at my server, augmenting
debian-ports:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports/ sid main
deb http://www.antcom.de/powerpcspe/ unstable main

One question about the boost library: In debian-ports, there is already
version 1.49.1.1, but in common unstable there is only 1.49.0.1. Is
there an important reason for this? Otherwise, I would just stay with
the version 1.49.0.1 built from unstable.

Thanks in advance,

Roland