Re: graphics card for PowerPC G5 and debian-6.0.3-ppc

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 09:58:40AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> For Radeons, that's only true for older cards without ATOM BIOS,
> basically anything older than Radeon X1xxx. So this shouldn't be a
> problem for a Radeon HD 5450, but there might be other issues, e.g. the
> drivers in the stable release might be too old to properly support that
> card.

I wouldn't have thought they made AGP cards of anything that new.

I also don't see how a powermac would have a working startup screen and
boot loader and such if it didn't know how to initialize the video card,
hence the likely need for a mac specific version of the card.

Sure you might be able to get X running once booted, but its easier to
work on a system with working graphics during the entire boot (yes I
know you can probably use a serial console on a lot of the powermacs if
you had to).

--
Len Sorensen