Re: Power Mac G5 & Radeon X1900 - driver problem

On Die, 2011-09-06 at 11:59 +0200, Stephane Louise wrote:

> The problem with the Radeon X1900 Mac edition (I own one, and I still
> cannot use it), is that it lacks the AtomBios, so It does not work,
> because AFAIK, the radeon driver for >R3XX requires the AtomBios to
> work.
> Unless you can dump an AtomBios from a standard PC card, and modify
> the driver to use the AtomBios from a file, I don't think it can work
> (outside of basic 2D mode through openfirmware, I mean).
>
> Have you other information, because I would be interested.

No, that's what I would have thought as well for any >= R(V)5xx based
card. I think I misread his post as saying he found information about
someone getting it to work, but on re-reading he probably just found
some earlier posts of yours. :}

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com