Re: Question about compatibility...

Thanks, that's *exactly* what I needed to know. I can deal with
editing config files just so long as it actually does *work*. Bummer
about the missing functionality, but the only real losses for me are
backlight and hibernate; still, those *are* pretty essential. Am I
reading you correctly that the backlight goes off whenever the machine
is on battery power? That's pretty inconvenient...