Re: introduction and squeeze/power64 installs wrong kernel - success

Finally i get system booted.

I already downloaded Fedora 12 DVD latest build, but decided to try harder with Debian.
Things i learned:
1) for some reason passing video=ofonly works never for first time, but mostly for second boot try.
2) here you can download daily builds:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/powerpc/iso-cd/
3) there is strange thing (timeout wrong) with SID latest DVD build, you have to press [TAB] before ir shows boot: prompt
4) rescue64 target does not work as expected from latest daily-build.iso
5) if you select Power6 mode on Power7 LPAR, then installer detects 64-bit kernel much better :)
6) debian installer generates wrong yaboot.conf, device= and partition= must be commented out to boot.
7) yabootconfig also does not generate working config. but much better than installer.
8) i decided that UUID is evil, and KISS (keep it simple stupid) works.
changed all UUIDs to boot=/dev/sda1, root=/dev/sda2, also removed UUIDs from /etc/fstab
9) hard disk booting also fails for first time, even with append="video=ofonly" for first time
10) thanks for help

Gasha