Re: Can I install debian on a e300 board?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 22:31:01 +0800
> Von: Bear <jilingshu@gmail.com>
> An: Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pircher@gmx.net>
> CC: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: Can I install debian on a e300 board?

> hi,
>  >> I haven't build a kernel. I just download
>  >>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.1a/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-6.0.1a-powerpc-businesscard.iso
>  >> and extract kernel from it.
>  > Okay.
> Er... Can this image should work for me? Or this image is only work for
> Apple computer?
Just checked that. The MPC8313 CPU should be supported, but I think
the platform support code for your board (Freescale MPC831x RDB) is not
compiled into the Debian kernel image.
So you have to compile a new kernel.

Gerhard