Multicore kernel

I know this G4 has 2 cpu's, as I checked it under osX before hosing the
system for Linux.
But only one cpu showing up in /proc.
Limited disk space as it doesn't like my pc scsi cards to boot, only will
boot off of an old mac scsi
with a 2 gig drive.  So still hacking the fs to allow bigger system.
Is the kernel only built for one cpu with PPC?

Still fighting the installation disks, they just will not allow spanning
multiple disks, I force /boot, and / on the primary boot disk, but fails on
stage two loading, LVM kills booting as well, only use entire disk and one
fs seems to work so far to get system to boot.

>From the looks of it, if I put a sata raid card in I will need to pull it
and drives everytime I add a disk so I can go in the bios and initialize it
from a pc.  Same if I use my aha 3290 raid card.

But first I need to know if the second cpu is just going to make heat.