Re: Yaboot

On 02/14/11 10:58, Benjamin Cama wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> Le lundi 14 février 2011 à 09:04 -0500, Joseph Jezak a écrit :
>> I've finally gotten around to patching the existing ofpath as requested
>> here. If I could get some testing, that would be greatly appreciated!
>> I've attached the whole ofpath program here. The patch against the
>> yaboot git head can be found on the yaboot mailing list.
> It's unfortunate you didn't follow the lastest discussions on this
> matter, but Milan Kupcevic's patch, which has the same purpose as your
> ofpath replacement, has been integrated into Squeeze.
>
> You may have been misguided by Milan's lack of communication here, but
> I'll let you deal with him and Aurélien Gérôme about how this problem
> was handled (IMHO: not the best way)
>
> Regards and thanks for your efforts anyway,
> benjamin

I'll have to look back in the archives, but I haven't seen any upstream
patches for this issue. I admit, I haven't followed the discussion on
this list. Have the Debian fixes been pushed upstream? I'd really like
to see us working together on the same code base to prevent waste, there
already aren't enough PowerPC developers as it is.

That said, I'll take a look at your package and see if I can come up
with a patch that suits both Debian and Gentoo.
-Joe