Re: About the FreeScale e500 series processor

* Bear | 2010-09-16 09:48:23 [+0800]:

>Did you means that the powerpcspe unoffical port only transplant the packages instead of building a complete release edition? I must find a kernel by myself? If so, could you tell me how to install debian on my board?
>I am very sorry that I am not familiar with this port and its goal. :(

Please don't get me wrong: Our goal is to provide a complete debian
distribution including a kernel package. However at this point in time
we don't have a kernel package ready.
For now, the simpliest way to install the new port would be to extract
the image. I added an "installing" section to the wiki [0] which should
help you.
I'm afraid you have to compile the kernel and u-boot yourself for now.

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/PowerPCSPEPort#Installingtheport

Sebastian