Re: File sharing with Apple Snow Leopard

I decided to "roll my own" Netatalk 2.0.3 from source via the following tutorial:

http://tony.mattke.net/2009/08/28/setting-up-apple-filing-protocol-and-bonjour-under-debian/

It worked, although there are still some glitches such as the fact that I have to use Connect to Server from the top bar as the Linux server doesn't show up in the Mac finder as it should.  Also, have I effectively cut my older Macs off from this server as they don't use password encryption?  I'll find out soon.

Thanks to all, Tom