Re: File sharing with Apple Snow Leopard

metamind wrote:
Hi Carlos, I tried this yesterday :D and worked fine for me.  Linux doesn´t come with afp enabled and you need to download all the packages and install it in the right way plus some mods in the extensions. It is a little bit hard to do it, and I tried two times before with no success.  Yesterday I found this tutorial that made my day. The other point is that bonjour is not running in linux and you will need to emulate it with avanhi extesion which works very well.

I built a LInux Debian-Lenny server into my G4 AGP graphics (450Mhz) and I have in my network a iMac 17" Intel (1.8) and MacBook Pro 17" Intel (2.6) and they are working very well, those macs can see the Linux server in the net but there is a problem because you will see the server but you cannot access it.  You will need to go into your finder --> Go ---> Connect to Server... and type your address afp://192.168.1.xxx it will ask you your password and voilà!
I did this before in Ubuntu Hardy-Herom and worked fine from tha finder icon but not in debian just in the way I mentioned before.
I hope this help to you:
You will need to setup your landing afp share folder, even you may setup several landing server according to the user :D

I still cannot use my Apple Remote Desktop to access to the server as I did with ubuntu.  I haven't resolve yet if this is because protocols or because my firewall....  I am still working on it.

Best reagards,

Abraham Soria