Re: debian 5 ppc boot

On Feb 14, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Samy Mezani wrote:

le 14/02/2010 17:58, marco van der grient a écrit:

Samy, hi, its a dual boot with mac osx (10.5); separated HD (one for
linux and one for apple). The machine is a 1,6 mhz single processor
type.
The machine is a 1,6 mhz single processor
Yeaaah ! overclocked ? ;-)
G3, G4, G5 ?

Have you tried to boot with <alt> ? We can't imagine your actions.

Samy

Hi Marco,

Sammy's humor aside, it would be helpful if you could describe the machine a bit more. I don't happen to remember what type of machine is a "1,6" (G4? G5? deskside or laptop? maybe one of the "mini" models or an iMac?) and you didn't tell us the number of MHz (a typo, I assume) though that is less important than the processor type in diagnosing your problem.

In any case, try booting the machine with the Alt key held down. You will probably get a screen with several options of bootable partitions. Is your Debian installation listed there? If so, click on it then click on the -> arrow. It should boot. The "alt-boot" process takes some considerable time (a minute or two) to poll all the possible boot devices -- be patient!

Hope this helps!

Rick

PS: Please reply to the list.  We're all interested in how you make out!