Re: Unofficial Squeeze NetInst CDs: call for testers

Hello,

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:43:03PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Excerpts from Frank Fegert's message of Die Dez 14 19:34:12 +0100 2010:
> > i tried the unofficial-debian-squeeze-powerpc-netinst-1-yaboot-1.3.16.iso
> > on a p550 Power6+ LPAR, Microcode 01EL350_085_038, dual VIOS. The
> > install fails at "Install yaboot on a hard disk" with:
> >
> >   [!!] Install yaboot on a hard disk
> >   No bootstrap partition found
> >   No hard disks were found which have an "Apple_Bootstrap" partition.
> >   You must create an 819200-byte partition with type "Apple_Bootstrap".
>
> Do you know if this error is a regression regarding the lenny
> installer or the current official beta2 installer? If so we have to
> investigate this and fix the bug before the packages enter testing.
>
> But I suspect this nerver worked. See also Debian bugs #332227, #352914
> and #350372. I guess this really needs someone with the right hardware
> to dig in and solve the bugs or write the missing code for the
> installer.

the ISOs i used for previous installs were debian-500-powerpc-netinst.iso
and debian-504-powerpc-netinst.iso, both worked as far as the install is
concerned. There were some yaboot issues with getting the successfully in-
stalled system to boot (see my previous postings to the list).

Best regards,

    Frank