Re: Report of install for a power6 with debian-squeeze-di-beta1-powerpc-netinst.iso

Hi Milan

Do you have any idea about the error reported by Xavier? Should I wait
with the upload until you have a fix for this? I personally don't know
much about power6 and can't help with this.

I tend to not delay the upload any further. If the issue get's fixed
before the squeeze release we can always do another upload.

Xavier: Please file a separate bug report about this issue against
yaboot. I believe this to be a different issue. I'm not even sure if
it's an issue in yaboot. As far as I can see the kernel and initrd are
loaded and the boot fails in the very early stages of running the
kernel... How do you boot the installer on this machine? Do you use
yaboot for this at all? Are there any special kernel parameters
involved? The kernel on the installed system and on the installer iso
should be exactly the same so it's a bit strange that it works in one
case and doesn't work in the other.

Gaudenz

Excerpts from Xavier Grave's message of Die Dez 07 11:46:40 +0100 2010:

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.