Re: Report of install for a power6 with debian-squeeze-di-beta1-powerpc-netinst.iso

On 12/03/2010 06:29 AM, Xavier Grave wrote:
> ReHi,
>
> First of all, thanks to all people working around yaboot and powerpc
> port (I can't help a lot except some test on power hardware :( ).
>
> That said, back to the matter :
>
> I have burn the debian-squeeze-di-beta1-powerpc-netinst.iso, booted it.
> No ehea module issue (cool :) ), install went fine until reboot :

Go through the install procedure again, when you get the last screen
"Installation complete" choose <Go Back>. 'Debian installer main menu'
will show up. Then select "Save debug logs" then "web". Use web browser
on another machine to download all log files you find there.

It would be helpful if you <continue> and choose "Execute a shell" then
collect the info as is described in this message [1] (we need this to
make sure ofpath is working correctly), but save the info.tar to
/var/log/, exit the shell, chose "Save debug logs" then "web". You will
be able to download the info.tar file using a web browser from another
machine.

It would also be helpful if you copy /target/etc/yaboot.conf to
/var/log/, download it, and send it back.

Milan

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2010/10/msg00110.html