* Michel Dänzer [100406 19:15 +0200]
> On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 18:59 +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> > I dislike initrd images. I tried to compile radeon and drm directly
> > in the kernel with the result of  black screen booting....
> Most likely you forgot to build in the firmware as well. I've been using
> KMS this way ever since I fixed it to work on my PowerBook.

I tried that with no success: Selecting RADEON_DRM=y sets
Selects: FB_CFB_FILLRECT [=m] && FB_CFB_COPYAREA [=m] &&
DRM_TTM [=m] automagic and I dont know how to configure the modules
as compiled in?

I've put R300_cp.bin in EXTRA_FIRMWARE and
EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR=firmware/radeon but there are modules flying
around (FB_CFB_*) which have to be build in the kernel, though.

  The path to source is always uphill!