Re: What is pbbuttonsd used for nowadays?

* benoar <benoar@free.fr> [2009-01-30 14:40:02 CET]:
> I personally had a G4 iBook than ran without pbbuttonsd :

 Fine, I didn't deny that it's not possible.

> - "function" keys are very well handled by xorg & gnome

 How are xorg & gnome able to regulate the lighting of the keyboard?
Your scenario also lacks the posibility of detecting the surrounding
brightness and adapting the backlight of the screen and the keyboard
lights to it.

> What else do you need ?

 See above. And it's still not a thing of _need_, it's a thing of fully
supporting the offered options. It might well be that you can live
without it, but it's a kinda bold statement to claim that "pbbuttonsd
can be said to be kind of useless for most of the people." It won't buy
you anything.

 So long,
Rhonda