Re: Fan control ?

Hi Shawn
Den 07/09/2009 kl. 13.44 skrev Shawn H Corey:

Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
hi guys
I have a small problem with my Lenny install on a TiBook(400Mhz) ....
The fan is always running....
And as much as I expect it to come whenever needed... Having it on even though you have a load of "0,00 0,00 0,01" ... is a bit too much....
Any ideas ??

The obvious question: is the machine hot? That is, is the fan running because it should?
Yes.. that is a fairly obvious question... which I should have mentioned in my original post.... No .. it is not hot...... warm.. yes!.. but more like "warm as in working..." ... but hot no!

If so, then the question is what is the machine doing that its CPU is running all the time?
hmmm.... "something" is obviously running that causes this... but what exactly... and I tried .. just for the heck of it... to reboot the Tibook.. and see if that would shutdown the fan... but no!... the fan was/is on all the time..... during reboot even!

If not, then what process turned on the fan and forgot to turn it off?
exactly! but how to tell ?

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
 Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.