Re: debian lenny installation on an ibook g4 keeps freezing

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:23:05 -0400
"Tomislav V. Butkovic" <tomislav.butkovic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some updates:
> This is a very dust free machine on the inside. No air ports are being
> blocked, and I've pointed an external fan to blow at the rear vents. I've
> confirmed that the internal fan still works as well. Still freezes.
> I've also downloaded the debian netinstall cd, which has frozen the last two
> times I tried it. It was not even able to get past setting up dhcp.
> I had someone try to boot OS X tiger via firewire drive which also froze at
> the 'apple' screen with a little counter that just keeps spinning.
> I have also tried holding option+command+p+r as well as booting into
> openfirmware (option+command+o+f) and doing each of the following:
> reset-nvram, set-defaults, reset-all
> It also tells me when it loads the partioner that my drive has multiple
> logic sectors for each physical sector & that this is for experimental use
> only. I am not sure if that makes any difference.

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems...

Have you tried booting with any live cd? Does it freeze there?

The debian install cd can be used as a live rescue cd...although it
doesn't boot up to a desktop environment.