Re: Sound not working on PowerPC Macs?

Rick Thomas wrote:

On May 24, 2009, at 3:52 AM, Rafal Czlonka wrote:

Jamie Downs wrote:
Add this line to /etc/modules
snd-powermac

AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong) snd-powermac is deprecated.
You should use snd-aoa now.

Adding snd-powermac to /etc/modules gets rid of the errors at boot time from /etc/init.d/alsa-utils.

But it doesn't fix the "no sound" problem.

Adding snd-aoa instead of snd-powermac doesn't get rid of the error messages and doesn't fix the "no-sound" problem, either.

Funny, I haven't had problems with sound on a G3 or G4 under Debian but did with Fedora. modprobe snd-powermac fixed it in both F9 and F10. I tried it initially at the command prompt then added it to the /etc/rc.local file.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA