Re: Want to install lenny on older Powerbook G4 mac

Thank you so much Rogerio for the response.

Just to clarify about the router:
- I have access to a wireless router, but not to the physical device,
   hence no wired internet access.
- I have two Windows computers that can connect to the wireless router,
   which uses the WPA protocol.
   Machine A is a Windows Vista notebook computer, and I do not have
   administrator access to it.
   Machine B is a Windows 7 notebook computer, and I have full access to it.

It would be really great if I could find out how to
use the Window 7 computer's [Dell D510] wireless internet connection,
along with that computer's wired ethernet connection (RJ-45)
to share the internet connection to the Powerbook.

I have found many sources that will tell me how to use a Powerbook
as the primary internet connection, and then pass it the direction I don't need to,
to the Dell.

Every time I need to put software on the Powerbook I need to
sneaker-net it across using a USB flash drive.

If I installed Jingo-lite it would be using Mac OS X 10.2,
so I am avoiding installation of any more Mac(compatible) software.

I think I will download the Lenny DVD (should only take 8 hours or so),
and see if that will boot.

By the way,
once I get lenny installed,
will I be able to use the Powerbook's wireless connection with my
wireless router (the WPA connection)?

Thanks again for your help,
Mark